Smile Design to the Max!
Date and Location
Oct 26, 2020 - Oct 27, 2020
08:00 AM - 05:00 AM
International Center for Dental Education (Sarasota)
7307 Merchant Court
Sarasota, FL 34240
United States of America
16 CE credit hours
For many technicians there are few things more daunting and at the same time more rewarding than the fabrication of a cosmetic smile makeover. In addition to the heightened esthetic demand and high patient expectations, the myriad of material choices available to the Dental Technician today has made this task increasingly more complex. This two day IPS e.max® workshop focuses on the principles and procedures for creating natural esthetics for the smile design case using the press or CAD/CAM system. Special emphasis will be placed on the shade concepts required for blending the esthetics of layered and monolithic restorations using lithium disilicate, zirconia and translucent zirconia. Following well-established principles of smile design, attendees will learn the techniques for creating beautiful tooth contours and proportions as well as detailed anatomy and surface texture. Additionally, this course provides advanced anatomy, staining, cutback and layering concepts for those ready to take their artistry to the next level.
Participants will apply learned techniques and work with the instructor to fabricate an 8-unit smile design case. Both crowns and veneers will be restored using a combination of lithium disilicate and zirconia. Beautiful esthetic restorations will be achieved using esthetic layering techniques and a variety of IPS e.max Ceram materials.
Topics covered will include:
• Indications and material science for lithium disilicate, zirconia and translucent zirconia
• Smile design principles for both conventional and digital processing techniques
• How to maximize function and esthetics
• Shade selection criteria for lithium disilicate and zirconia based restorations
• Technique tips and tricks for processing all-ceramic restorations
• Cutback design for layering ceramics
• Esthetic layering with IPS e.max ceramic materials
• Creating natural contours and surface texture
• Advanced staining and glazing techniques with IPS Ivocolor
• Preparation for cementation and cement recommendations