Digital Denture Basic Course
Date and Location
May 14, 2020
08:30 AM - 05:30 PM
25 Cleg Street, Artarmon
Sydney, NSW 2064
7.5 hours CPD
Prices exclude GST
This course is a Basic 1 day course is designed for beginners new to the Digital Denture work flows and introduces the participants to 3shape and Ivoclar Vivadent Digital Denture processes. Training begins with a short overview of the clinical procedures, from the Clinic to CAD/CAM to the patient.
Based on 3Shape software and combined with Ivoclar Digital materials and PrograMill milling equipment; Ivoclar Vivadent has been at the forefront of developing an aesthetic, accurate and systematic approach to Digital Dentures, building upon their proven Bio-functional Prosthetic System (BPS) concept.
- This course will provide a brief explanation for each type of entry into the digital workflow: Primary impression, Impression in wax rims, Impression in dentures, Complete upper/lower opposing natural dentition, Trios impression scans for immediate dentures.
- A demonstration of each type of digital workflow: Accudent impressons, Centric Tray, Scanning primary impressions & Centric tray. Participant to scan each work flow.
- Virtual design with the 3shape system for the 3D bite plate, then create the CAD output.
Design Digital Dentures
- Scanning secondary impressions & virtual design with the 3Shape system of the digital denture Monoblock try-in
- Create the CAD output
- Prepare the monoblock in the work preparation and create an STL file under injection moulding for printing
- Send files to printer
- Modify the order form from monoblock into milled base for artificial teeth, or for milled base for glued in teeth
- Scan and re-use design explained
- Re-design or auto re-design to create final denture
- Create the CAM output
Demonstration finishing milled denture
Who should attend:
All wanting to improve their denture making and move into the Digital Denture workflows. Suitable for Dentists, Prosthetists, Clinical and dental technicians.